Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities with The Center for STEM Education
· STEM Friday Field Trips— 11/22, 12/13, 1/17, 1/31, 2/7, 2/28, 3/14, and 3/28 - 9:30 A M—2:00 P.M. - Assist in the delivery of a variety of STEM activities for elementary and middle school students.
· Building Bridges - 12/6 - 9:00 A.M.— 3:00 P.M.—Assist with a full day of Engineering activities and presentations for High School students.
· Summer Program student callback—12/7 - 2:00 P.M.—6:00 P.M.—Assist with activities
· Future Cities—1/25 8:00 A.M—3:00 P.M.—Assist with activities, be part of student panel to share your interests and experiences in STEM
· Model Bridge Competition– 2/1 8:00 AM-3:00 PM—Talk to students about majors in science and engineering, what college life is like, and why you chose your major
· Science Fair—March 1, 8: 00 AM—3:00 P.M.—Help register students, answer questions in addition to assisting with activities
· PM—Help register students, answer questions, hand out goody bags and give directions.
· Inquiring Minds Field Trips— April 30 or May 3, 8:30 AM—1:30 PM—Assist at workshops for visiting middle school classes at NU as they design structures to withstand earthquakes and wind turbines to harvest energy
Please complete the volunteer survey at -